ANOVA in JMP
Course Date: Course Not Offered This Semester
Who This Course Is For
Do you have data that includes a continuous response, but want to test the differences between different levels of a categorical predictor? Performing an ANOVA may be appropriate. What if you have more than one categorical predictor or also have a continuous predictor variable? In the SAIG Short Course ANOVA in JMP, we will cover several varieties of ANOVA, a common statistical procedure.
Duration: 2 hours
Course Dates: Available On Demand
Required Software: JMP software
Cost: Free to VT Participating Colleges and Administrative Units
Pre-requisites: No previous coding experience is required. Knowledge of basic descriptive statistics is assumed.
Prework includes downloading course materials and JMP software.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand when using ANOVA is appropriate
- Check ANOVA assumptions
- Fit a one-way ANOVA model
- Fit a two-way ANOVA model
- Interpret interactions
- Fit an ANCOVA model
If you have not yet installed JMP, here’s how to get it:
- If you are VT faculty: request and download at https://itpals.vt.edu/softwarelicensingcenter/deptsoftware/deptswind/jmp.html
- If you are a VT student: request and download at https://itpals.vt.edu/softwarelicensingcenter/studentsoftware/studentswproductlist/jmp.html
- If you are not associated with a university: download the JMP 30-day free trial from www.jmp.com/try. This version will have a few limitations. For example, it does not include generalized regression or SEM. The best way to access JMP for academic usage is always through the full professional version available with a campus license.